ANNUAL MEETING – ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
American Society of Andrology
48th Annual Conference
April 19-23, 2023
Westin Boston Seaport
Submission Deadline: Submission Deadline: Friday, December 9, 2022 at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- ASA only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website.
- Content should not be presented at another national meeting prior to the ASA Meeting nor be published prior to the abstract submission deadline.
- A person cannot be the presenting author on more than two abstracts but can be co-author on any number of abstracts.
- ASA membership is not required for abstract submission.
- Basic, clinical and translational scientific abstracts are accepted for submission across the listed abstract category areas.
- Word Count limit is 375 words or less excluding title and authors.
- ONE uploaded image is allowed. Only PNG, TIFF, JPG.
- Abstracts must be submitted with 4 components: introduction and objectives, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Financial funding from commercial entities that have an interest in the research must be listed in the disclosure portion of the submission (in the Author section).
- Oral and Poster presentation types will be offered. Your presentation will be given every consideration; however, the final determination will be made by the Program Committee.
- The following submission categories will be offered, you will need to select the one that best fits your abstract:
- Environment/Reproductive Pharmacology/Reproductive Toxicology
- Testis Biology/Spermatogenesis/Germ Cell Differentiation/Fertilization
- Male reproductive tract organs (Epididymis/Vas Deferens/Seminal Vesicles/Prostate)
- Reproductive Development/Genetics/Aging
- Infertility/Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Male Contraception
- Male Genital Reconstruction
- Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Prostate/Testicular Cancer
- Male Reproductive Health/Clinical Urology/Regenerative Medicine
- Sperm Function/Semen Analysis
- Transgender Medicine and Research
- Reproductive immunology/Infectious and inflammatory diseases/ Semen Transmission Viruses
- Education in Andrology/Technology-Enhanced Education
- No reference should be made in the abstract to the names or institutions of the authors.
- Disclosures for ALL authors/co-authors is required within the submission form as well as their institutions, city, state, country, etc.
- All accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement in Andrology, the official journal of the American Society of Andrology and the European Academy of Andrology.
- Announcements of accepted and rejected submissions is planned for early February.
Trainees who are first-author presenters and are submitting their first abstract to ASA will be granted a one-year free membership in ASA and can register as “Trainee Members”.
Abstracts for awards should contain detailed information that allows reviewers to evaluate the merit of the work (values, statistics, etc..)
Onsite Poster Trainee Merit Awards
- Anna Steinberger Trainee Research Excellence Award (Only Female Trainees)
- Thomas S.K. Chang Merit Award
- Lonnie D. Russell Merit AwardAward Descriptions
International Travel Awards
- The Lalor Foundation Awards
- The International Society of Andrology Awards (ISA)
The International Liaison Committee (ILC) has established the International Travel Awards in order to assist trainees and young investigators from countries outside US/Canada to present their work at the ASA Annual Conference.
The requirements for the International Awards are as follows:
- Applicants must be from countries outside US and Canada
- Applicants must be the first and presenting author on the abstract.
- Applicants must have their abstract accepted for presentation at the ASA Annual Conference.
Trainee Travel Awards
- NIH Trainee Travel Award
The requirements for the NIH Travel Awards are as follows:
- Trainees must be the first and presenting author on the abstract.
- Award candidates must plan on attending regardless of the outcome of the Travel Award application process.
- To be considered for these awards, you may only submit one abstract for award consideration. Submitting more than one abstract will disqualify you.
- Your research mentor or supervisor must complete the following link on your behalf which includes confirming that you are the first and presenting author as well as a letter of support. Please instruct your mentor to complete this form https://forms.gle/GtRKiYqcHqn19aYt8. They will need your submission reference number.
- Please note you will not be considered for the NIH Travel Award unless your mentor has completed the link by 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on December 9, 2022.
Awards are considered reimbursement; therefore, trainees must attend the meeting and present their paper before the travel award is presented. Trainees will be notified of the award at least two months prior to the Annual Meeting.
If you have been awarded an International Travel Award or an NIH Trainee Travel Award but are unable to attend the meeting, please inform Taylor O’Sullivan (email@example.com) by March 1, 2023 so that we may present the travel award to another attendee. Failure to do so will jeopardize your ability to receive future travel awards.
Abstracts for Oral Presentation
- All submitted abstracts will be considered for Oral Presentation (7-min individual podium presentation + 3 min discussion), unless the applicant has indicated (during abstract submission) that she/he only would like to present a poster. Oral presentations will be part of Conference symposia.
- The Program Committee will review and select the abstracts. If your abstract is selected, you will receive an email notification by February 2023. If you are selected for an Oral Presentation, you will still present an e-poster.
Abstracts for In-Person Posters/e-Posters
- In-person poster presentations, and e-posters are interactive ways to connect with your colleagues and showcase your research. When you submit an abstract, you are automatically qualified for a presentation.
- All applicants with approved abstracts will receive instructions for the in-person posters and e-posters (to be uploaded in the meeting app).
- Please note that conference organizers reserve the right to decline any submitted abstract that lacks scientific content or merit.